Thursday, December 25, 2014

Cast All Your Cares on Him


Click Here For Picture Source


  Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. 
I Peter 5:7




How much effort would it be for some of us to take all our concerns, all our fears and all our cares on the Lord for one entire day?  Before we take our burdens to anyone else or any place else, how about taking it directly to Christ. Prayer is the way we communicate with God, and it is the world's greatest and fasted wireless connection.



This is a day that is extremely special to many people around the world. It would be even more important to spend time casting all our burdens on Him. The verse I placed at the top says "all" your cares. Does that leave anything out?  While we have a lot of social media at our fingertips, a prayer on our lips can bring the added advantage of peace of mind. Prayer is not just requesting things, but confiding and talking. Why not choose today to confide in Him only?
I will place another post later when I get my tables set. I was not able to get out all my decor this year, as it rained so much and was so cold, I was too timid to go out to the shed and retrieve it, but I did my best to make it festive, and hopefully you will see another post today.

If you are spending Christmas alone, please visit the blogs on my left sidebar, and click them on and go see what people are sharing in their homes. It is like a progressive dinner or a tour of homes without getting your feet wet.









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Lydia! Thank you so much for your post. There is nothing like speaking to Our God! What a lovely, lovely post today. Mari

Finding Joy said...

Have a lovely Christmas with family and keep warm.

I posted some very pretty paintings today which you might like. The artist is Trisha Romance which is such a lovely name.

Kimberly said...

I did just that now before I read this - God prompted me to come here so I'm thankful to have read that Scripture. My heart is heavy yet confident in God's goodness.

Julian said...

Amen! Christina