Thursday, October 22, 2020

Homemaker Challenge # 4


This is the 4th day homemaker challenge, and I hope you will soon make up your own challenges to follow.

I've included my own fall hand sewn pumpkins made from some fleece chenille dot fabric.



Fabric: Fleece "minky" dot. 

These videos are created for listening while you work.


 


Here are the 4th day challenges:

1, Listen to the first part of the radio program which deals with preparation..
2.Change something about the interior of your home.
3. Find a 5 minute exercise routine that suits you, your age, health, etc.  Just do whatever you can and please don't think you have to keep up.just do one or two of each. Don't rush to judgement and say it is impossible, because you could do one of each! Look around on her site for 5 minute easy, beginner workout routines. 


Consider taking a picture of today's view in your own area.


The Book I read from in this radio program:
The Fallacy Detective:

The dress I wore:




6 comments:

Marianne said...

Thank you, Lydia, for another informative and inspiring video. I cannot begin to express how happy and uplifted I feel every time I check my email and there is another radio to listen to. Also today I listened to an older one and it happened to be the program with the first installment of "Pioneer Ribbons", which I love! Has Miss Lily been writing lately?

Lydia said...

Marrianne, thats one reason I have to give myself these organizational challenges. I mis-located the last issue she sent me of Pioneer Ribbons.. I know the story but I'd like to read it straight from the book. ;-)

Lydia said...

Dear Lydia,

I am always glad to listen in on another edition of homemaker radio. I am tackling the challenges along with my daily routine and chores. I am also enjoying the lovely photos you post of the manse, lawn, teacups, books/magazine, and beautiful dresses. It’s truly a delight to visit your blog.

Blessings, Holly

Sent from my iPhone

Lydia said...

Dear Mrs. Sherman,

I’ve been on a fast from the internet for some time as I was needing to get quiet before the Lord for help in many areas. I am a busy mother so I am REALLY limited on time and spend very little online as it is. I don’t go very many places on the web (probably could count them on one hand) but your place is at the top! As soon as I ended my fast, I made a beeline for your blog and videos which are like a lifeline. I cannot thank you enough for the blessing of your encouragement. I live in Kansas but would move next door to you in a New York minute just to sit at your table for tea and counsel. I love you more than you can ever know and I just had to tell you so. You are a Godsend to this country homemaking, homeschooling wife and mother. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Rebecca

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I have to laugh. I clicked on the rest time video, and the first thing it showed was Miss Piggy dancing! It was a commercial, but it sure put a smile on my face!
Blessings from Missouri,
Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

Laura Jeanne said...

I was thrilled to hear you read from The Fallacy Detective. I read that one with my son a couple of years ago, and we both found it immensely helpful - in fact he found it to be one of the best school book he had read up to that point. And the examples were often so funny! The sequel to this book is called The Thinking Toolbox, which is also helpful and similarly amusing.

One thing I found interesting is that the version of The Fallacy Detective you were reading from is an older one. In the newer version we have, which was updated in 2015, there is no mention of the curriculum being overtly Christian. I guess they changed it in order to be able to reach a larger audience. But it is still a good book and I learned a great deal from it. It's especially good for helping us to not be taken in by advertisements!