Monday, July 06, 2020

Pretty Victorian Hat and Veil, Preparation Time is Down Time, Refinement Lesson #5


Greetings Everyone,
I wanted to speak to you about the current situation (political warning for those who have an objection to the talk of politics) but I have tried to keep it on the upside, have fun with it and leave you feeling okay after you listen.

Today is mostly a DIY video so you will not get much done, but this is very rare on this channel and might be the only time I do this kind of thing. The rest of the videos, except for the brief showing of the tea cup, are designed to listen to as you go about your home responsibilities.




Here is your Refinement Assignment to write in your little book:

1. Verse of the week is from Matthew chapter 7, verses 7-11:
   
     "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find, knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives, and the seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened."

Also:

"Whatever you wish others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the law and the prophets." Matthew 7:12-14

2.  From the third verse of the song, "America the Beautiful," write these words and explain the meaning as best you can:

"May God thy gold refine
Til all success be nobleness,
And every gain divine."

3.What is "good citizenship?" Love your neighbor as yourself, do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Care and concern for your family.

4. Practice conversation skill with a one or two minute verbal exchange that is pleasant, not talking about the current media reports.

5. Teacher wants you to recline in a chair for an hour and watch "Love Comes Softly,"  looking for elements of learning and refinement.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4916domzMU&t=2789s  (note: not for children (due to loss, some  mishaps, some tension. Still is a delightful movie, but that's life, isn't it).

6. Use your preparation-for-the-day (getting dressed, ready) as part of your down time to relax, avoiding listening to media reports. 






If you want a picture of the card I present to store employees and friends, please send me an email.

If you need more videos to work by, click on the continuous play on the sidebar.

Have a wonderful, restful day and hopefully I will be back here very soon!


More information about some of the things I talked about, HERE



Those who want to keep  up with politics might enjoy a more positive view from X22 Report.  Dave adds two videos per day, one on politics and one on finances, both to do with the current upheaval.

Also check Peggy Hall's "The Healthy American" for these two articles.

Part 1

Part 2  

12 comments:

Christine said...

I enjoyed this video so much!
I too, had a home that needed attention after the Holiday. This was a perfect backdrop to cleaning my kitchen, from dishes, wiping down counters, putting on a clean tablecloth and cutting my roses and displaying them. Words that inspired me with my work.

I also want to thank you for the advice about face coverings. I plan on using a hat and netting to make a face covering. But the information and advice, that went along with the visual, was wonderful.

Thank you so much for all your videos. So calming and refreshing.
God bless you and your family.

Lydia said...

Oh Lydia! This video was just so fun, and informative! I confess, I did get my laugh back listening to your experience at the store. In no way was I laughing AT YOU, but picturing folks faces as you read, shopped, etc just made me chuckle!! Impressive...

What a lovely weekend you have described, blessings all around!

Your dress is beautiful, and I'm glad you told us it was the dress in your picture, I've always wondered about that dress.

I appreciate all of your suggestions, and you bring up so many good points. I have also thought of the Geneva Convention.

You mentioned talking about the ocean, possibly, in an upcoming Housewife Radio..that would be so nice!

God bless you and yours!
Mrs.O

Lydia said...

Dearest Lydia,

This was exactly what I needed for today! You made me laugh, smile, and meditate on God’s Word!! Many thanks.

I also had a very busy weekend with company; I needed to just recline on the couch and do nothing but watch and listen to your entire broadcast!! What a special treat to take my break with you. Wonderful company, indeed.😊

I would like to also comment on your talk about 😷! I heartily concur with your statement concerning them. Since the beginning of this, I have chosen not to wear them. It is unconstitutional, as you said, because no law has been passed. Moreover, it is extremely unhealthy to wear them . Oxygen levels are severely depleted causing more harm than good. Thanks for setting the facts straight.

I loved your costume and hat demonstration. You had me smiling from ear to ear.🙂 Wish I could have seen how far those paper airplanes flew too!

Blessings,
Holly

Lydia said...

I was considering doing the video over, so you could see the airplanes but I might be able to do a sequel :-)

Lydia said...

Please check back for the post card that Mr. S. Printed for me to hand out if I had any trouble gaining admittance to a business. Will add to this post.

Laura Jeanne said...

Oh dear, I just wrote a long comment and then my computer somehow deleted it just before I could hit "publish!" Oh well, let me try again.

You look lovely in your costume, Lydia, and you really brought a smile to my face in this video. What a delightful idea to use an old fashioned hat and veil in place of a face mask. I wish I had your courage, but I don't think I quite have enough of it to go into a grocery store dressed like that. I don't like the feeling of other people looking at me!

I too hate wearing masks. Just recently, I was refused service at a small local grocery store (in the village near by me) because I was not wearing one. I thought about telling them that there are no laws in place indicating I must wear one, but I could feel the eyes of all the other customers on me, so I just put my purchases down and left. Also, around here there are a lot of people who seem to feel something like hatred for those "irresponsible, selfish" people who don't wear masks, and I didn't want to risk starting some kind of fuss, or seeing my photo on Facebook so I could be publicly shamed for not being an obedient citizen. So, I drove 10 minutes to the next county over and picked up the things I needed at a different store where almost nobody was wearing masks!

My daughter has to wear a mask for as long as 10 hours at a time at her job at a fast food restaurant. It is very uncomfortable for her and makes her throat hurt. I don't think it is healthy to wear a mask for any extended amount of time, and I will avoid wearing them as much as I can.

Michele said...

That is such a beautiful and clever solution to the mask problem! Here’s what I don’t understand—I live in Ohio and certain counties have mandated mask wearing at all times. If you don’t you can receive up to a $750 fine and 30 days in jail. How can the enforce this when it is not a law? I’ve also seen videos of people in a grocery store gang up on a woman, who was’t wearing a mask, chasing her out of the store. How completely uncivilized we have become in such a short time.

Lydia said...

You should not be doing anything you don't feel comfortable doing, whether wearing a mask or a Victorian hat. Do as you like and be yourself. They can't legally deny service to you. They probably do not know the Geneva Convention has strict rules about torturing prisoners, especially denying essentials to young children ;-)

Lydia said...

Michele, Go to The Healthy American on Youtube and find Peggy Hall's videos on the word "mandate" and also where she covers threat of fines. I understand the jails are closed because of covid. The police aren't wanting to have personal contact with people without masks so I doubt they would arrest anyone unless they learn to lasso at a distance. Face covering has been added to mask so anything you wear on the face is a covering. No law has been passed.No definition of the covering exactly OSHA website says masks are not adequate. Show them their own laws. You would have to tell the police this. You could win a lot in court if they go against the law that they are sworn to uphold. You aren't supposed to torture prisoners. We are prisoners. Go to the Healthy American and watch some of those videos.

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

You made it so easy to have fun and laugh as we ladies enjoyed your video so much! I absolutely was happy to be ironing...not that I mind it, especially when I have a video of yours to watch! I believe focusing on Christ, His Word, and His refinements are the best medicine to our souls when processing what is happening these days.

I have a pretty lace-edged hankie I carry in my purse which I have used when walking in to the dentist and taking my mother-in-law to the doctor. I will use it when and if I have to, holding it slightly tilted up so I can breathe.
But I have found that walking with confidence without a mask into the stores I frequent has worked thus far. I have even seen a few people looking at me which seem to say with their puzzled eyes,..."You mean we don't have to wear one?"
Blessings to you Lydia!

Cathy said...

You made it so easy to have fun and laugh as we ladies enjoyed your video so much! I absolutely was happy to be ironing...not that I mind it, especially when I have a video of yours to watch! I believe focusing on Christ, His Word, and His refinements are the best medicine to our souls when processing what is happening these days.

I have a pretty lace-edged hankie I carry in my purse which I have used when walking in to the dentist and taking my mother-in-law to the doctor. I will use it when and if I have to, holding it slightly tilted up so I can breathe.
But I have found that walking with confidence without a mask into the stores I frequent has worked thus far. I have even seen a few people looking at me which seem to say with their puzzled eyes,..."You mean we don't have to wear one?"
Blessings to you Lydia!