Wednesday, July 08, 2020

Preparation (Appearance) Helps You Look Forward to the Day at Home, Refinement Lesson #6



Life is precious, and every minute counts as gold. Making a life at home
is a gift from God, and we want to enjoy every minute of it if we can.


Here is your refinement class assignment:

Go early to the stores.
Don't debate anyone, just show them by doing what you do.
 Prepare a place in your home, even if everything else is not so neat and tidy.
 Get a tea cup from Home Goods (or use your best)
Sit and partake of tea while looking through a publication that inspires you.
Send a card or letter to someone.
Pray for your family members individually.
Clean the kitchen, do the laundry, make sure the bathroom is clean and sanitary.
Practice alternative thinking to the gloomy reports.
2nd Corinthians 4:8-10 written in your notebook.

Sing along if you like:



Here are a couple of videos you might find useful, which you can watch as part of your refinement assignments.

This should last you quite awhile, so my next posts won't have any assignments. 




  
Not for the sensitive: If you are interested in how the things going on are in violation of the Geneva Convention, this lady has done some research on it. 

3 comments:

Laura Jeanne said...

Hello Lydia,
I haven't watched your latest video yet, but I just wanted to mention to you that the video listed in your post as "No Singing in Church? Peggy Hall refutes this," leads to a different video, entitled "The Whole Things is a Hoax from Beginning to End." It was still interesting, but I don't think it was the video you were trying to share. :)

I really liked the one about drawing rooms, just lovely!

Lydia said...

Thank you so much for catching that!! I think I fixed it and you can go listen to Peggy. It was quite an amusing video.

Lydia said...

Dear Lydia,

Thank you for the longer broadcast. Honestly, I could listen to the continuous play all day! I find them far superior to any other videos.

Thank you, too, for all the information you’ve packed into today’s talk. I appreciated all the extra links you included to educate us more about the current state of affairs.

I had planned to do one of your refinement exercises, but found myself too exhausted after weeding the gardens. I wish now that I would have taken your advice. 😏
Tomorrow, however, is a new start to put into practice the wisdom you shared... an intentional rest with my grandmother’s lovely tea cup along with pretty stationery to write a sweet letter to a friend that is shut in.

Thank you for being here again for us. I know it is a ministry; the giving of your time so unselfishly.

Blessings,
Holly