Friday, February 18, 2022

Establish the Home


Establish is a word we find several times in scripture, It means to strengthen the weak, fix things that are wavering,  and confirm the truth of something. It means grounded, firm and confirmed.

The life of the homemaker certainly is a challenge and there will be some ups and downs, but if you don't waver from it, those interruptions won't deter you from your place in life, because your spiritual roots go deep enough that you can keep your stability and keep growing in knowledge and truth.


The scriptures I read were:

Consider the path of your feet, and all your ways will be established.  Proverbs 4:26

Commit your work to the Lord, and your plans will be established. Proverbs 16:3

that you, being rooted and established  in love,  may have strength to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth of God's love. Ephesians 3:17-18

Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving. Colossians 2:6-7

I also did a little review if the movie “Love Comes Softly” and will add here a caution: Always watch a movie first, before allowing children to see it. 





Please be established in your work and your activities at home, or your walk, while you listen.

  

10 comments:

Godly Homemaker (Andrea) said...

Watching it now - as for “Love Comes Softly”, it’s a clean movie - but the themes are mature - I would not let children watch it

Lynn said...

If I were to give that beautiful painting a title, it would be this - Alone, But Not Lonely.

Tee said...

Lydia this topic was so good and necessary. To establish ourselves is something we need to always cherish. Your background and you looked lovely today. Have a lovely weekend. Blessings.

Wendi S. said...

I enjoy listening to you while I work around the house. I have been homeschooling for 25 years and I still have 6 more to go. I have to say I am enjoying being "homeschooled" by you!

Joyful noise said...

Dear Lydia:

Thank you for uploading more videos. As always you look radiant! Thank you for homeschooling us and talking about being established. Everything you share is so interesting. God bless you, keep up the good work!

Homemaker's Heart said...

Dear Lydia~Today, as usual, I came to hear my homemaking broadcast while I did my basic weekly cleaning. I wore my husband's headphones (I don't have a smartphone, so I listen from my computer), since he was off work today and being in the home, I didn't want to disturb him. It was fun to hear your lesson today. I was sharing with my husband at lunch about you changing from calling yourself elderly to vital. He lovingly said "seasoned". I thought that was cute.
You know, I have several things I would love to comment on, but I forget by the time my cleaning is done and my "lesson". I think I will put a small pad of paper in my apron so I can jot down those things.
I too remember the paper and envelopes in hotels. I remember I used to get so excited to get them, then I would write to my grandma.
You encourage me about having a women's Bible study when you speak of it in your home. I have been encouraged by folks at our church to do this, but find I feel lacking in how to do that.
Thank you so much for today. You know, I always learn something other than what you are teaching. Here is what I learned today: speaking about family members that choose other than godly lives - still speaking kindly about them to uphold their dignity. And no matter the house you have it's about perspective. Change what you can to what you like. Make it cozy and fun for you...and toss in a bit of imagination to fill the home with love.
Hugs to you & a lovely cup of tea!
Dee

Lydia said...

Hi Lydia,

I have listened to the latest broadcast 2 or 3 times already, along with some older ones as well. It’s difficult to have a bad day when I start it with the Lord and homemaker radio!!😊. Thank you for all your prayers, blessings, and encouragement to the homemaker aspiring to do all things heartily as unto the Lord.

❤️Holly

becky said...

So enjoyed the video! I was able to pressure can 7 quarts of potatoes while listening! I love being home and creating the ambiance that my family enjoys.

Janine said...

Reading Grace Livingston Hill before bed has helped me have higher ideals...the mothers in these novels are exemplar. I would always bring home the motel paper so that I could remember where we went. Later I started also buying postcards for my scrapbook so that I didn't have to rely on my camera.

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

I enjoyed listening today while preparing dinner. Chicken and dumplings with mashed potatoes tonight. It's one of what I call our family heritage meals.