Saturday, February 12, 2022

Without Leaving Home



In this episode I talked about the fact that many things we are accustomed to going "somewhere else" to attend or shop, learn, etc. have become more difficult to access, can be done at home. I called it "Places to Go Without Leaving Home," which consist of the following list, give or take your own needs:
Your Spa
The Chapel
The Gym or Fitness/ Physical Therapy Session
Butler Responsibilities
Home Interior and Garden Learning
Music and Singing
Correspondence,
The Library
and much more.


Also, I read Jeremiah 6:16
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths,
 where the good way is,
 and walk in it,
 and there you will find rest for your souls.

Is not this the solution for the upheaval we may feel, even in the protection of our own homes---to look at how things were done in the past. I mentioned this when I was encouraging you to pick things from "the old days" to emulate. We can still have things that have been observed since the beginning of time:  morning prayers, singing, quiet time, reading, friendship, and many "cottage core" things that bring us rest and peace. 

Another subject I addressed is how  self control, emphasized in the scriptures,  can result in confidence, happiness and a sense of well-being.

For you sewists:


Please enjoy your work or your walk while you listen today.


For those who want to know more about the video I mentioned, it is called Monopoly 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't thank you enough for your lovely broadcasts! You are ray of sunshine in my life!! God bless you, Mrs. Sherman!

Lydia said...

Hello Lydia,

I am so thankful I finally got to listen to your recent broadcast today. It was a busy weekend, and I really needed a bit of good encouragement and motivation from Homemaker radio to get me going today. I am practicing self- control by doing 2 jobs around my house that I keep procrastinating on. Your message was just what I needed to hear!! THANKS.

Blessings,
❤️Holly

Rachel said...

Thanks for another inspiring post. I had never considered how many activities we can do at home. Listening to you has been a great encouragement for me to finally get two areas of my home ready: the library (some decluttering and donations to the local libraries and schools) and a sweet, quiet, little chapel in a corner of my bedroom, because we live in a tiny home and I don't have a whole room for that.
Oh, my eyebrows were also fading and I tried castor oil. Just apply it with a little brush following the shape and spreading it a bit. I didn't have any hopes, but after a couple of months I must say it works! It's natural, inexpensive, good for your skin and you can put it on your eyelashes too, just be careful not to touch your eyes. I hope it helps. ;)

Lydia said...

Thank you for another encouraging broadcast. Your insights are a blessing- timeless and rare. I love all you said today but especially the part about the good old paths. Your videos are a labor of love and minister to my heart. I’m very grateful for the years I’ve gleaned pearls of wisdom from being homeschooled by you.
Rebecca

Lydia said...

On a recent broadcast you introduced this idea.

Of thinking like this.

And it has energized me.

Gives weight to each thing -

So now I think of myself as someone who runs a

Restaurant

Cleaning Business

Procurement

Archivist

School

Gym/Fitness Center

Bank and Administration Center

School Administration

Assistant to Husband's Work and of course Loving Companion

Nanny (well Mother!!!)

YouTuber

Public Relations/Community Relations

Laundress

Dog Trainer

WOW!!! no wonder I'm busy!

Lydia said...

...and tired

Lydia said...

Thank you ladies. Your comments give me more ideas for future posts and episodes

Janine said...

As usual, this was so interesting! I have skin similar to yours (Irish) and a few psoriasis spots on the back of my neck and Dr Berg said to try 10,000 iu of D3 along with vit k2 as mk-7 100 McG and it's really helping me.