Monday, May 19, 2008

Table Centerpieces



Here are some centerpieces you can make on your own, without a knowledge of flower arranging, with flowers you have in your own garden, or from a mixed bouquet from the grocery store.This first bowl of water looks great on its own. You could just float a few flower petals in it.

Hawthorne Tree



Heliotrope, Keys of Heaven, Lavender,





Place container of water inside basket for the white lilac arrangement














Peony




Fill candle cup with water for bird cage







Peony







Set pan of water inside basket



Hawthorne, Lilac, Bee Balm, Lavender, Columbine, Forget-Me-Not, Peony



Birdbath with Dahlia



Wrought iron planter with silk roses


There are many other things that can be used as containers, such as large sea shells, hats, toys (even doll carriages and wagons) and pottery. It is a lot of fun to clean up the dishes and then start playing with them for photographs and centerpieces.


This is something that does not take a college education, yet will not be gotten with a college education. It is an accumulated knowledge based on experiment and experience. It is something you do beca

18 comments:

Dianna said...

Beautiful inspiration as usual, Lady Lydia. Thanks!

Lynn said...

Goodness - you are wonderful with flowers!
Thanks for the inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty arrangements. I especially admired the white lilac. I don't believe I've ever seen one.

I've been enjoying reading your blog.☺

Anonymous said...

Ooh, those are lovely peonies.

Lauren said...

Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this lovely and inspiring post!

Jennifer

candy said...

Awww, your little grand baby is just so precious. Adorable :)

I love all your pictures, they are all lovely. I especially love your rose dish and I love them with the flower petals in them... pretty, pretty!!


:)candy

Crabapple Blossoms said...

What lovely ideas! Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us.

Anonymous said...

Lovely!

Alexandra said...

I love it when you do your decorating posts. Beautiful center pieces, and so clever! That wrought iron planter with silk roses would look great in my home. I'll have to keep that one in mind next time I decide to change out my silk flowers.

Elizabeth said...

Wow, thanks a lot for showing us how. You are very creative. I am now inspired to create a lovely centerpiece of myself.

Anonymous said...

I love these flower arrangements. Thank you for sharing them.

Kate

Mrs. Anna T said...

Lovely centerpieces. I love the dahlia in its simpleness.

~~Deby said...

These are beautiful examples, thank you.
Deby

dora said...

Whilst the arrangements look beautiful, and the comments very much meet with everyone's approval, I have to say something.

What about allergy sufferers? Or hay fever as it is called here in England?

My husband, son and daughter all suffer with allergy at this time of year. And I am slightly asthmatic.

Anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks for listening, or reading I should say.

Jen said...

Thank you for showing ways to make a house a home. My husband loves it when I add the little touches to our home. Thank you so much for all the ideas.

Anonymous said...

What cute ideas!
Anna

Mrs. K's Lemonade Stand said...

Your helper is too precious and I love the flowers in the baskets.
I have some roses blooming and have really been enjoying then indoors too.