Thursday, November 21, 2019

Autumn’s Dramatic Beauty



Today I took a creative break from housework and home making to set up this cheerful scene. It is fall here and we are still enjoying very nice weather. Does the background and the whole atmosphere of the photo make you think of any place you have seen before? It evokes memories of somewhere else but I can’t say for certain what place that might be. Or, maybe it is something I read about in an old book.



Look carefully at this photo below and leave a comment if you see what happened to Mr. S.
 There's no prize, but I'll congratulate you for being such a good sleuth.




7 comments:

Aliyah said...

Thank you. It was nice to see something that reminds me of the fall season and I like the table set up.

Willow said...

I like this scene very much, the view beyond the trees is beautiful.

lynn maust said...

Wish I could find an old lantern like that!

Unknown said...

A beautiful setting indeed.

Lydia said...

Hello Lydia,
I enjoy the scenery around your place... outside as well as inside. You really know how to make it warm and inviting. I wish we were neighbors so I could enjoy a cup of tea and inspiration from you! Nonetheless, how grateful I am we can span the miles through social media. I love decorating for autumn. It is my favorite time of the year. All the neighbors around me are decorating for Christmas already. I’m planning on enjoying each holiday as it comes, so my pumpkins, fall wreaths, flowering kale, and chrysanthemums stand alone amid the backdrop of red/green Christmas decor. 🍁 Wishing you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving. I will be counting my many blessings and, of course, your blog and housewife radio is among those many blessings!!
Sincerely,
Holly

Laura Jeanne said...

These photos beg the question: Did you jump in that giant leaf pile after taking the photo?

Lydia said...

I'll post the pictures on to this article, showing someone in the leaves last week.