Sunday, March 22, 2020

Links for You


Hello Ladies,

Get out your tea things and drink hot tea, all day, whenever possible. Hot liquids flush out impurities and yes, viruses, from your body.

On this post I include Dame of Sark (Sybil Hathaway) link to blog posts here.  There is, on one of the posts, a link to read it online. Thanks to a comment for remembering this!

At the end I include pictures from a recent Hoffman Media publications. They are the ones that produce Victoria and Tea Time and do a great job at it. 

I have suggested these links to many people but if they are already sunken into despair, they will Not want to hear anything hopeful.  If they succumb to fear, they have lost the battle to survive, and if they succumb to panic of any kind, it debilitates their health. A study of "adrenaline fatigue" will reveal that. 

You can also look at YouTube channels such as Amazing Polly and Blue Collar Logic, which have been suggested to me. I can't vouch for the spiritual beliefs of these commentators or if there is strong language in their broadcast, but if you are mature, you can get past that long enough to see what they are saying.  While I am not "recommending" or "endorsing" anything, I'm just suggesting all this as an alternative to the news media (even conservative news is lately rather hyped up.).

If you choose not to look at the links, be assured there will be future videos here to listen to. 


Ron Paul Video

Common Sense About the Virus

Dame of Sark

Sybil Hathaway




For many of us at home, the current events don't change anything. We are usually quite nested inside and life goes on as usual, as we are always home anyway.

This magazine is one of the "perks" of life at home. I like to get it if I can afford it, when it comes out once a year or every few years (a special publication) at the Walmart book stand. Books and magazines are 10% off there.

The pictures are delightful and you can go to Hoffman media online and see more about this magazine.

I always flip through to the florals, and I like that in some of the current Hoffman Media publications, the containers are so ordinary and interesting. This looks like an old coffee server.

And of course, a refreshing idea for a room in the house is always energizing:

The cost of magazines is rather high, I think, but Hoffman media uses such good paper, that is  parchment-like in quality, and if I am given one of these, such as the Springtime one in the previous post, it will be a valued part of my books, even for the next generation.

Also I want to share a cute c.1950's print on some fabric I got at Dollar Tree:


Be looking for another video soon. 



10 comments:

Mrs. Laura Lane said...

Happy Sunday. Thank you for your video radio chats.

Amelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lydia said...

thank you Ladies. Love your hopeful and positive outlook.

Julel said...

I very much enjoyed your links. Thank you for posting them Mrs. Sherman. You are quite right, anxiety and panic will not help at all, and will only make us more anxious and finally ill. It is very early in the morning here in England. I have added a short Bible study and morning prayer to my day, and I am now sipping hot tea and enjoying the sight of daffodils and hyacinths flowering in my small garden and getting ready to start my household tasks.
Best wishes
Lesley

Lydia said...

Lesley, in an atmosphere of gloom, hopefulness isn’t always very welcome and can be considered offensive but I hope to close that gap with posts and videos. Anxiety and fear makes us no good for anyone and useless to ourselves and I don’t think it pleases God

Lydia said...

Dear Mrs. Sherman,
Thank you for your encouraging words and cheerful outlook. While you talked I shredded a big bag of old receipts, a task I'd been putting off, and then made a hearty bean salad for my lunch. God bless you and yours. Lynne

Missuz C said...

Thanks so much for posting the Dame of Sark links. Such a wonderful story filled with much humor...the best medicine!

I really appreciate your ministry in this space.

Blessings!

Michelle C. said...

Just found your you tube podcasts..look forward to listening to them..Michelle C

Unknown said...

Such wisdom found here,I am very grateful for your help Lady Lydia! You've been on my mind since I found your channel last week, I can't get enough. You're darling πŸ’– and everyone that comments is so positive and open, I enjoy reading everyone's posts. I'm giving every one of your YouTube videos a thumbs up πŸ‘. I saw the one with Mr.S talking about homeschooling it's an older video but my goodness it is spot on. I truly learn something every video.
We'll be writing letters to grandparents and other family members ❤ and include it as a lesson and even take them to buy their own postage stamps and drop it off at the post office.
Many thanks,
All the way from Dallas TX area!

Lydia said...

Thanks for your lovely comment. I hope to see more comments from you and I hope you will go to the current posts as well! Lydia