Saturday, July 14, 2018

Hollyhocks and Morning Moments Outside





The Hollyhocks were out today just in time for a morning picture. I quickly gathered everything I could and created a scene to go with those majestic stalks!




I hope you are having a wonderful day at home!

Mr. S. enjoys evenings on the tractor, keeping the place mowed.  I think he likes it because there is no other traffic and no wrong side of the road.... and no Mrs. S. gasping and putting her hand over her eyes as he makes those sharp turns.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Very pretty display - looks like a lovely place for a cup of tea! Even when it is hot out I still enjoy my hot tea.

Lydia said...

yes I agree, and I've read that it is actually good for you on a hot day.
For those who have been asking, I will put my sheet tent and quilt, etc. up soon, when I get the grass greener.

Lynn said...

Hollyhocks are one of my most favorite flowers....I used to have some just like yours, Lydia...back home in eastern Pa.

Unknown said...

Lydia your garden is charming. Your love for your family and home is so beautiful. God Bless

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the floral blanket!

Donna Johnson said...

Lydia your Dasies are also beautiful!

Decor To Adore said...

What a visual delight your lovely garden is. Such a respite I am sure. The hollyhocks are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

Oh how I love hollyhocks and you have created a scene of beauty that will linger in my mind. The daisies are perfection, too.

Lydia said...

I thank you all for being so complimentary of the daisies and hollyhocks. I hope to have better pictures soon , and I also have a spray-paint garden thing to show.